The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an administrative intern to join our Washington, DC office in early June 2023.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies, stakeholder engagement strategies, and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific region. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including technology, manufacturing, energy, financial services, hospitality, pharmaceuticals, transportation, and defense.
The Asia Group is looking for an enthusiastic, responsible administrative intern to join our Operations team. In this role, you will be responsible for all greeting and clerical duties at the front desk of our office to include administrative support across the organization.
Your role will be vital as you will be the first person our visitors meet when they visit The Asia Group headquarters. Your primary goal will be to make visitors feel comfortable and informed while in our office. A successful intern candidate will have a pleasant personality, a can-do attitude, excellent attention to detail, and be timely and dependable.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office;
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person, office, or conference room;
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls;
- Ensure reception area is clean and presentable;
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail/deliveries;
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk;
- Order front lobby supplies (flowers, sanitizer, etc.), keep an inventory of stock;
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties as needed.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Ability to pass a criminal background check;
- Proven work experience as an intern, Receptionist, Front Office Representative, Administrative Specialist or similar role;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite;
- Hands-on experience with office equipment;
- Professional attitude and appearance;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks;
- Customer service attitude; and,
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
Desired Short-Term Accomplishments:
- You will help establish a smooth and efficient system to direct incoming “traffic,” including visitors through the front door, as well as inquiries through phone lines and email accounts.
- You will learn to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise. You will help TAG identify and solve administrative problems related to front desk services.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. TAG provides competitive health benefits and paid time off, with training opportunities available for its employees.
Applications are also accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis, and qualified candidates will be contacted off-cycle when there is firm need.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, list of 2-3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
If emailing application, please submit all documents in the following format: “Name (First and Last) – Administrative Intern”
Submit the details below, and our HR team member will get in touch with you shortly.
The Asia Group is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Asia Group continually seeks to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the strategic advisory profession.