The Asia Group (TAG) is now accepting applications on for an analyst (intern) to join our Washington, DC office (will consider remote postings on a case-by-case basis). This analyst will be an integral member of TAG’s China Practice.
TAG is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies, stakeholder engagement strategies, and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific region. TAG’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: technology, media, and telecommunications; financial services; autos; energy; pharmaceuticals; transportation; hospitality; and aerospace and defense. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, creativity and entrepreneurialism, and our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun.
This position requires a strong understanding of political, regulatory, and U.S.-China bilateral trends shaping the commercial environment in China. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated ability to conduct intensive, time-sensitive, and technical research in Mandarin – including a strong command of the nuances of reading and interpreting Chinese policy documents, official speeches / press conferences, and academic work. The Analyst will be asked to convey research findings through full translations of primary documents into English and/or concise written summaries for executive-level audiences.
- Prepare written background materials (e.g., briefing memos, slides) on relevant political, regulatory, and market developments in China and the United States for internal audiences.
- Conduct daily tracking of relevant policy announcements, press briefings, and personnel developments in China and Washington, DC.
- Conduct research in Mandarin and distill key points in concise written summaries in English; as needed, provide full translations of source documents into English.
- Attend relevant public events (e.g., congressional hearings, conferences) and provide written summaries for internal audiences.
- Provide preparatory logistical support for clients and/or TAG leadership for engagements in Washington, DC or China.
- Advanced degree (e.g., MA) or working towards an advanced degree
- Outstanding research and writing
- Professional proficiency in Mandarin (Native-level fluency preferred)
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated team player and strong communicator
Internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health care, 401K with match, and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, The Asia Group is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week and prepared to begin immediately.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the PDF “China Analyst Application – [First & Last Name]”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In addition to the materials requested above, we appreciate your willingness to fill out the Employee Application and Voluntary Self-Identification forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/. Please note that the Self-Identification form is optional.