The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications on a rolling basis for a Defense Analyst (Intern) to join our Washington, DC office. This intern will support the firm’s aerospace and defense portfolio.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and risk management initiatives in the Indo-Pacific region. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, technology, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group Is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward an MBA or a Master’s degree in international relations, political science, Asian studies. Analysts work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client engagement. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of global defense and national security trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Conduct market, industry, and political research and analysis and business due diligence;
- Provide background information to support memos, reports, and briefing materials for clients;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Assist in website and social media content management; and,
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding research and writing skills;
- Familiarity with international defense procurement trends;
- Analytical economic and political expertise in multiple Indo-Pacific markets;
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and Power Point; and,
- Team player with eagerness for professional development.
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Demonstrated economic and political expertise in a priority market–- Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India, Vietnam and/or Indonesia;
- Work experience in defense and/or national security; and,
- Demonstrated familiarity with Asian market dynamics and/or private sector experience.
Internships at The Asia Group are paid and include healthcare, 401K with match, and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, The Asia Group is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week and prepared to begin immediately.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the PDF “Defense Analyst Application – [First & Last Name]”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
In addition to the materials requested above, we appreciate your willingness to fill out these questionnaires. Please note that the Self-Identification form is optional.