The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Digital Policy Associate to join our Washington, D.C. office with an expected start date in January 2023.
The Asia Group is the premier strategic advisory firm to the world’s leading companies seeking to excel across the Indo-Pacific. With a team of dynamic and experienced professionals – from consultants and former senior government officials to lawyers and investment bankers – The Asia Group supports companies with end-to-end integrated strategies for market entry and expansion. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to our local community in Washington and in the Indo-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
The Asia Group is seeking to hire an Associate with strong interest and some experience regarding digital policy developments in Asia. The associate will work across country- and region-focused teams to support clients interested in issues related to cross-border data flows and data localization, intellectual property protections and taxation for the digital economy, consumer protection and data privacy, digital trade agreements, national security and cybersecurity, and competition and anti-trust policy trends, among other related issues.
Candidates should have an MBA or a master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Candidates with a bachelor’s degree only but significant relevant work experience will also be considered. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of critical digital economy and technology issues, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Design and execute high-value-add deliverables for clients related to regional digital policy issues, including memos, regular reports, presentations, and products;
- Collaborate across internal and client teams to develop innovative market entry and expansion strategies, informed by a deep understanding of digital policy issues in Asia;
- Deliver briefings and other bespoke servicing in support of client equities across the region; and,
- Contribute original research and thought leadership innovations on issues related to the digital economy in Asia.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- MA or equivalent academic/practical experience related to digital, commercial, and economic policy issues in Asia;
- Impeccable English writing, research, and editorial skills;
- Excellent oral communication skills, and demonstrated ability to contribute original commentary on digital policy trends in Asia; and,
- Strong grasp of business strategy and commercial trends, especially in the Indo-Pacific region.
- 2-4 years of work experience;
- Excellent graphic design and data visualization skills to support client deliverables;
- Working proficiency in a language other than English that is prevalent in the Indo-Pacific region is highly beneficial; and,
- On-the-ground work experience in Asia.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample to Jonah Lefkoe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In addition to sending these materials, we appreciate you willingness to fill out the following questionnaires. Please note that the Self-Identification form is optional.