The Asia Group is now accepting applications for an Associate or Senior Associate to join our growing Hanoi office.
The Asia Group (“TAG”) is a strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Indo-Pacific region. Our diverse team possesses decades of government and private sector experience with a work ethos that emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, entrepreneurialism, and mentorship.
The Asia Group’s Hanoi office is seeking an experienced individual to support our thriving Vietnam practice at the Associate or Senior Associate level. This role will involve supporting our Hanoi-based team by carrying out in-depth research, developing actionable insights, interfacing with clients, and producing client-ready updates and research memoranda.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Vietnamese political system, as well as a strong grasp of business fundamentals and Vietnam’s complex regulatory environment. They will possess strong communication abilities in both English and Vietnamese, and will be able to provide clear, concise, and nuanced briefings and written product to TAG clients and leadership. Priority will be given to those applicants with demonstrated experience in government relations and similar fields.
- Support the development and expansion of TAG’s Hanoi office and broader Vietnam practice;
- Undertake in-depth research utilizing primary English and Vietnamese-language resources;
- Produce written updates and assessments on matters which impact key client priorities, including political, economic, and regulatory developments;
- Monitor local print and online media for important developments related to client equities and opportunities for business development; and
- Support TAG’s Country Director with client servicing and office expansion initiatives.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least three-to-five years of prior work experience, with preference given to those with experience in business, consulting, government relations, and/or law;
- Exceptional English-language communication skills, both verbal and writing;
- Can-do attitude and willingness to provide strong support on both critical client matters and simple administrative tasks;
- Flexibility with respect to working and communication hours, particularly when coordinating with team members in Washington; and
- Existing and expanding networks in business and government.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.