The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an Associate to join the South Asia practice at our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group (TAG) is a strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors, and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and staff development.
The South Asia Associate will serve as an integral member of TAG’s South Asia practice. The role will primarily involve supporting clients in India across multiple sectors including healthcare and pharmaceuticals, technology, agriculture, manufacturing, logistics, and higher education. A strong candidate will have a deep understanding of India’s political system and a strong grasp of business fundamentals and India’s complex regulatory environment. A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, engage clients with poise and clarity, and work collaboratively within TAG are expected. This position may also entail domestic and international travel. This position includes upward growth and promotion potential.
- Conduct thorough and meticulous industry and political research and analysis, and business due diligence;
- Draft executive memos, reports, briefing materials and other written products for external (client) and internal (TAG) consumers related to geopolitical, trade, commercial, and security trends across the Asia Pacific region;
- Conduct day-to-day client touchpoints and support;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements in Washington, DC and, as needed, in the region; and
- Participate on TAG’s behalf with U.S. and Indian industry associations, think tanks, and similar institutions.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- BA or equivalent academic/practice experience related to Asia-Pacific economic and policy issues;
- 1-2 years of prior work experience, preferably including in a client-servicing industry or government experience;
- Outstanding research, analytical, and writing skills;
- Analytical economic and political expertise in Asia-Pacific markets;
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Strong attention to detail and excels under tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and experience with PowerPoint; and,
- Team player with eagerness for professional development.
- MA or equivalent academic/practice experience related to Asia-Pacific economic and policy issues;
- Demonstrated expertise in a major Asia-Pacific market, with up to four years of relevant work experience; and,
- On-the-ground experience in at least one Asian country, including ability to leverage a network of pertinent relationships.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Employees will work in a hybrid working environment, required to come into the DC office a few times a week. TAG provides competitive health benefits and paid time off, with training opportunities available for its employees.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.