The Asia Group is now accepting applications for an Associate to join our growing Vietnam team. This position will be based in Hanoi.
The Asia Group (“TAG”) is a strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Indo-Pacific region. Our diverse team possesses decades of government and private sector experience with a work ethos that emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, entrepreneurialism, and mentorship.
The Asia Group’s Hanoi office is seeking an experienced individual to support our thriving Vietnam practice at the Associate level. This role will involve supporting our colleagues based in both Washington DC and Hanoi by carrying out in-depth research, developing actionable insights, interfacing with clients, and producing client-ready updates and research memoranda.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Vietnamese political system, as well as a strong grasp of business fundamentals and Vietnam’s complex regulatory environment. Awareness of neighboring markets, including especially Thailand, Cambodia, and/or the Philippines, is also useful. They will possess strong communication abilities in both English and Vietnamese, and will be able to provide clear, concise, and nuanced briefings and written product to TAG clients and leadership. Priority will be given to those applicants with exceptional writing capabilities and demonstrated experience in government relations or similar fields.
- Support the development and expansion of TAG’s Hanoi office and broader Vietnam practice;
- Undertake in-depth research utilizing primary English and Vietnamese-language resources;
- Produce written updates and assessments on matters which impact key client priorities, including political, economic, and regulatory developments;
- Monitor local print and online media for important developments related to client equities and opportunities for business development; and
- Support TAG’s Country Director with client servicing and office expansion initiatives.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least three-to-five years of prior work experience, with preference given to those with experience in business, consulting, government relations, and/or law;
- Exceptional English-language communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Can-do attitude and willingness to provide strong support on both critical, time-sensitive client matters and simple administrative tasks;
- Flexibility with respect to working and communication hours, particularly when coordinating with team members in Washington; and
- Existing and expanding networks in business and government.
Candidates must be eligible to work in Vietnam. Employees will work in an in-office working environment, required to come into the Hanoi office a minimum of four days a week (Monday – Thursday). TAG provides competitive health benefits and paid time off, with training opportunities available for its employees.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references (references will not be contacted without applicant permission) via the application portal below.
Alternatively, interested candidates may email the required documents as a single PDF titled “Associate – Vietnam – [First & Last Name]”to email@example.com and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
Due to the volume of applications received, responses from our recruiting team may be delayed. No phone calls, please.
Submit the details below, and our HR team member will get in touch with you shortly.
The Asia Group is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Asia Group continually seeks to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the strategic advisory profession.