July 20, 2021
Intern - Communications & Social Impact
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an analyst to join our Washington, D.C. office with an expected start date of August 16. This analyst will provide operational and planning support for the firm’s thought leadership, foundation, and internal initiatives.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that positions clients for success in established and emerging markets in the Indo-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors, and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism in a fast-paced and demanding environment that also strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to the communities we touch in Washington and the Indo-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
The Communications & Social Impact Analyst will serve as an integral member of The Asia Group’s operations team and play an important role coordinating with the firm’s country teams, broader staff, and senior advisors. A demonstrated ability to excel under pressure, creatively problem solve, and work collaboratively across the firm are expected. The analyst will support the firm’s initiatives on social media and branding, as well as support daily operations on the foundation, including partnership development, volunteer activities, and social media. A commitment to social impact, professionalism, and corporate citizenship is a must.
- Support firm thought leadership initiatives, including internal logistics, social media content generation, webinar support, website design, tracking and amplification of media appearances, and media network building;
- Event support for all levels of client and VIP engagements, including high-level meetings, book discussions, and special receptions (all events virtual until further notice);
- Support relationship management with The Asia Group Foundation’s existing grantee organizations and coordinate volunteer opportunities for staff;
- Generate content for The Asia Group Foundation social media profiles and monthly foundation newsletter;
- Conduct due diligence on potential foundation grantee organizations;
- Coordinate and execute internal firm events and team-building activities;
- Prepare PowerPoint and other presentation materials for firm leadership, internal briefings, and grantee meetings; and,
- Undertake research, branding, and other projects as needed.
- College degree ideally in Business, Communications, Asian Studies, International Development, or related field (BA, BS, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service;
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Self-starter with ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; and,
- Demonstrated social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- 2+ years of relevant work experience;
- MA or equivalent academic/practical experience related to Asia, communications, business, international development, and/or social impact;
- Knowledge of or interest in Asia’s business, political, and cultural landscapes; and,
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
Internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, The Asia Group is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week starting August 16, 2021 and concluding on December 31, 2021 with possible extension.
Please submit all documents as a single pdf with the following naming format: “name (First Last) – Communications & Social Impact Intern Application”