April 30, 2021
Analyst - Communications & Social Impact
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an analyst to join our Washington, D.C. office with an expected start date of June 1. This analyst will support the firm’s thought leadership initiatives, dedicated foundation, and internal initiatives.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets in the Indo-Pacific region. The firm’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including aerospace and defense, automotive, civil aviation, energy, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors, and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to our local community in Washington and in the Indo-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
The Communications & Social Impact Analyst will serve as an integral member of The Asia Group’s thought leadership and foundation teams. A demonstrated ability to excel under pressure, creatively problem solve, and work collaboratively within TAG are expected. The analyst will support the firm’s corporate messaging strategies, branding initiatives, and public profile-raising efforts. Additionally, the analyst will work on foundation initiatives, including internal operations, new partnerships, volunteer activities, and social media content generation. A commitment to social impact and corporate citizenship is a must.
Candidates must have a BA or equivalent 4-year degree. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience providing administrative support and managing multiple competing priorities, strong attention to detail, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Analyst-interns work closely with the operations team and partner-led country teams, and also coordinate with broader staff and senior advisors.
- Support firm thought leadership initiatives, including internal logistics, social media content generation, webinar support, website design refresh, tracking and amplification of media appearances, and media network building;
- Provide event support for all levels of client and VIP engagements, including high-level meetings, book discussions, and special receptions (all events virtual until further notice);
- Support relationship management with The Asia Group Foundation’s existing grantee organizations and coordinate volunteer opportunities for staff;
- Generate content for The Asia Group Foundation social media profiles and monthly foundation newsletter;
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence on potential foundation grantee organizations;
- Coordinate and execute internal firm events and team-building activities;
- Prepare PowerPoint and other presentation materials for firm leadership, internal briefings, and grantee meetings;
- Provide logistical and administrative support for The Asia Group’s Tea Leaves Podcast; and,
- Undertake research, branding, and other projects in support of TAG client work.
- College degree (BA, BS, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service;
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Self-starter with ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills; and,
- Demonstrated social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- 2+ years of relevant work experience;
- MA or equivalent academic/practical experience related to Asia economic, policy, communications, business, international development, and/or social impact;
- Knowledge of or interest in Asia’s business, political, and cultural landscapes; and,
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design, Photoshop and/or Illustrator.
Analyst internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, The Asia Group is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week starting June 1, 2021.
Please submit all documents as a single pdf with the following naming format: “name (First Last) – Communications & Social Impact Analyst Application”