October 27, 2020
Analyst - Defense
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Defense Analyst to join our Washington, D.C. office (remote work until further notice) for the spring term (January – April). This intern will support the firm’s defense portfolio.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies, stakeholder engagement strategies, and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific region. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward an MBA or a Master’s degree in international relations, political science, or Asian studies, though outstanding candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in these areas will also be considered. Analysts work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client engagement. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of global defense and national security trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Conduct market, industry, and political research and analysis and business due diligence
- Provide background information to support memos, reports, and briefing materials for clients
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Assist in website and social media content management
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Familiarity with international defense procurement trends
- Analytical economic and political expertise in multiple Indo-Pacific markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and Power Point
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Demonstrated economic and political expertise in a priority market – Japan, Korea, Taiwan, India, and/or Indonesia
- Work experience in defense and/or national security
- Demonstrated familiarity with Asian market dynamics and/or private sector experience
- Language proficiency in Mandarin or Korean highly preferred
Internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, The Asia Group is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week. Work for this internship is expected to be conducted remotely. The Asia Group typically hires Defense Analysts on a trimester schedule for a four-month term that can be extended by an additional four months through mutual agreement.
Applications for this position will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
Please submit all documents in the following format: “Name – Document Type” e.g., “John Smith – Resume”.