April 19, 2021
Analyst - Generalist
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an Analyst to join our Washington, D.C. office.
The Asia Group is a dynamic strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors and staff possessing decades of government, private sector, and military experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism.
A competitive candidate will have a strong foundation working on political, economic, trade, and security matters in Asia, with preference for demonstrated business or policy experience. The analyst will support TAG in its work with strategic partners on a full-time basis, advancing new business development efforts and client workstreams across multiple sectors, including energy, ICT, pharmaceuticals, health & human services, and manufacturing. A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, engage clients with poise and clarity, and work collaboratively with internal and external partners are expected.
- Conduct thorough and meticulous industry and political research and analysis, and business due diligence;
- Support executive presentations, reports, briefing materials and other written products for external and internal consumers related to geopolitical, trade, commercial, and security trends across the Asia Pacific region;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements in Washington, DC and, as needed, in the region.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- MA or equivalent academic/practical experience related to Asia-Pacific economic and policy issues
- 1-2 years of prior work experience, preferably including in a client-servicing industry or business experience
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Analytical economic and political expertise in Asia-Pacific markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and excels under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and design experience with PowerPoint
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
- Demonstrated expertise in major Asia-Pacific markets, in particular India and/or Vietnam, with up to 4+ years of relevant work experience.
Please submit all documents as a single pdf with the following naming format: “name (First Last) – Analyst – Generalist Application”