Analyst - India
The Asia Group, LLC (TAG) is accepting applications on a rolling basis for analysts covering India and wider South Asia to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group (TAG) is a strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Indo-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors, and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and staff development.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who ideally either have or are working toward a MBA or a Master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Interns work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client support. The ideal candidate commands strong writing skills, as well as a comprehensive understanding of global macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Conduct economic, industry, and political research and analysis
- Serve as lead author on memos, reports, and briefing materials
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements
- Prepare PowerPoints
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy fundamentals, particularly in emerging markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to excel under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus
- Experience in PowerPoint, Photoshop, or other design platforms
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Strong understanding of the South-Asia region, with an interest in India
- Demonstrated economic and political expertise in India
- Demonstrated familiarity with Indian market dynamics and/or private sector experience
Internships at The Asia Group are paid. For this position, TAG is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week starting in July 2022.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a two-page analytical writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit all documents in the following format: “Name (First and Last) – Document Type”