Analyst - Operations & Social Impact
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an intern to join our Washington, D.C. office from September 6 to December 23, 2022. This intern will provide operational and planning support for the firm’s foundation, events, and internal initiatives.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that positions clients for success in established and emerging markets in the Indo-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors, and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism in a fast-paced and demanding environment that also strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to the communities across the United States and the Indo-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
The Operations & Social Impact Intern will serve as an integral member of The Asia Group’s operations team and play an important role coordinating with the firm’s country teams and broader staff. The analyst will support daily operations of The Asia Group Foundation, including partnership development, volunteer activities, and social media; assist with in-person and virtual events; and help coordinate firm culture initiatives. Strong candidates will have a demonstrated ability to excel under pressure, creatively problem solve, and work collaboratively across an organization. A commitment to social impact, professionalism, and corporate citizenship is a must.
Candidates must have a BA or equivalent 4-year degree. As a condition of employment, a successful candidate must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or be approved for a medical or religious exemption and agree to other safety protocols, which may include regular testing).
- Support firm’s website design and maintenance;
- In-person and virtual event support for all levels of client and VIP engagements, including high-level meetings, book discussions, and special receptions;
- Support relationship management with The Asia Group Foundation’s existing grantee organizations and coordinate volunteer opportunities for staff;
- Generate content for The Asia Group Foundation social media profiles and monthly foundation newsletter;
- Conduct due diligence on potential foundation grantee organizations;
- Coordinate and execute internal firm events and team-building activities;
- Prepare PowerPoint and other presentation materials for firm leadership and internal briefings; and,
- Undertake research, branding, and other projects as needed.
- College degree (BA, BS, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word and PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service;
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Self-starter with ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and,
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience;
- MA or equivalent academic/practical experience related to Asia, communications, business, international development, and/or social impact;
- Demonstrated experience with graphic design, Photoshop and/or Illustrator; and,
- Demonstrated social media experience (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
Analyst internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, The Asia Group is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week starting September 5, 2022 to December 23, 2022. This internship is offered as a six-month position with possible extension for promising candidates.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the Employee Application and Voluntary Self-Identification forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
Please submit all documents as a single pdf with the following naming format: “name (First Last) – Operations & Social Impact Intern Application”