April 30, 2021
Analyst - South Asia
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications on a rolling basis for a Summer Analyst to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward a bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Analysts work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client engagement. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of global macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets, with a special focus on South Asia.
- Conduct economic, industry, and political research and analysis
- Draft memos, reports, and briefing materials for clients operating in South Asia
- Track South Asian market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Assist in website and social media content management
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy / policy fundamentals, particularly at the intersection of the United States and India as well as other South Asia markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and excel under tight deadlines
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Proficiency in Hindi, Kannada, or Tamil considered a plus
- Demonstrated experience and interest in Indian and U.S. foreign policy
- Work experience either in Asia or on issues dealing with U.S.-Asia relations beneficial
Please submit all documents as a single pdf with the following naming format: “name (First Last) – Summer Analyst – South Asia Application”