March 30, 2021
Associate - China
As a member of The Asia Group (“TAG”), you will be part of a fast-paced, innovative team that operates at the forefront of public policy and business across the Asia Pacific. From developing and implementing bespoke market access/expansion campaigns to enhancing political brand equity, you will advance policy-driven solutions to help TAG’s clients capture new growth opportunities throughout the region. This role requires a strong foundation of China experience, either in the private sector, or working with or within the public sector on trade, investment, and other regulatory issues.
The Associate for China will be an integral member of TAG’s China Practice, led by President Sharon Yuan, and will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the firm’s client development and strategy execution on China. A successful candidate will have excellent research and writing skills, with a strong command of the political, regulatory, business, and macroeconomic environments in China. The role requires domestic and international travel.
- Conduct research and draft memoranda for external (client) and internal (TAG) readership relating to political, economic, and industry trends in China
- Create and support policy-driven strategies that align with clients’ business objectives in China
- Participate in regular client engagements alongside the President and Principals of the China Practice
- Provide logistical support for clients and TAG leadership related to engagements in Washington, DC, China, or client sites in other domestic or international locations
- Advanced degree (e.g., MA) or equivalent practical experience related to China
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Outstanding research and writing
- Demonstrated team player and strong communicator
- Business proficiency in Mandarin (fluency preferred)
- On-the-ground policy work experience in China
- Familiarity with China’s stakeholders, laws, authorities, and other regulatory frameworks that would affect clients’ operations in China
- Experience in government relations or comparable experience demonstrating the ability to integrate public policy with corporate strategy
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a two-page analytical writing sample to email@example.com and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
Please submit all documents in the following format: “Name (First and Last) – Document Type”