July 31, 2020
Associate - Southeast Asia / Asia Generalist
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an Associate to join our Washington, DC office, with a flexible start date of August 24, 2020.
The Asia Group (TAG) is a strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Indo-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors, and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and staff development.
The Associate will serve as an integral member of TAG’s Southeast Asia practice and also support the firm’s broader regional work on Asia. The role will involve supporting clients in Southeast Asia across multiple sectors including energy, technology, manufacturing, healthcare and pharmaceuticals. A strong candidate will have a deep understanding of the political systems of multiple, preferably maritime Southeast Asian countries and a strong grasp of business fundamentals and the region’s complex regulatory and trade environment. The ideal candidate will also demonstrate experience and/or interest in broader regional political dynamics, U.S. relations in the region, and diplomatic institutions. A demonstrated ability to excel under pressure and learn quickly, engage clients with poise and clarity, and work collaboratively within TAG are expected. This position may also entail domestic and international travel. This position includes upward growth and promotion potential.
- Responsible for helping to lead service delivery for one or more of the firm’s client relationships;
- Conduct thorough and meticulous industry, political, and policy research and analysis in support of client interactions and deliverables;
- Draft executive memos, reports, PowerPoint presentations, briefing materials and other written products for external (client) and internal (TAG) consumers related to geopolitical, trade, investment, and security trends across the Indo-Pacific region;
- Assist with business development, including identification of potential clients and market research and analysis;
- Conduct day-to-day client touchpoints and support;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements in Washington, DC and, as needed, in the region; and
- Participate in events on TAG’s behalf with industry associations, think tanks, and similar institutions.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- BA or equivalent academic/practice experience related to Indo-Pacific economic, political, and policy issues;
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably including in a client-servicing industry or government experience;
- Outstanding research, analytical, and writing skills with strong attention to detail;
- Knowledge of and passion for Indo-Pacific political and economic issue;
- Energetic self-starter with the ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and PowerPoint); and
- Positive, professional attitude with a willingness to work hard and be a team player.
- MA or equivalent academic/practice experience related to Indo-Pacific economic and policy issues;
- Demonstrated expertise in several Southeast Asian markets, with up to four years of relevant work experience; and
- On-the-ground experience in at least one Asian country, including ability to leverage a network of pertinent relationships.
All interested and qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
August 10, 2020Apply Here