March 1, 2019
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications on a rolling basis for a China Analyst to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward an MBA or a Master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Interns work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client support. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of global macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Conduct economic, industry, and political research and analysis
- Draft memos, reports, and briefing materials
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Assist in website and social media content management
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- High-level proficiency in Mandarin
- Strong understanding of Chinese domestic politics and U.S.-PRC relations
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy fundamentals, particularly in emerging markets
- Analytical economic and political expertise in several Indo-Pacific markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and excel under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Native proficiency in Mandarin and/or translation experience is considered a plus
- Demonstrated economic and political expertise in China and/or Northeast Asia
- Work and/or internship experience in China and/or Northeast Asia
- Demonstrated familiarity with Asia-Pacific market dynamics and/or private sector experience
Internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. TAG is seeking candidates capable of working between 20 and 40 hours per week – please indicate your availability in your cover letter or email.
While The Asia Group typically onboards China Analyst on a trimester schedule – Fall (September start), Spring (January start), and Summer (June start) – applications are accepted throughout the year on a rolling basis and qualified candidates will be contacted off-cycle when there is firm need. If wish to be considered for a particular cycle, please note this on your application email and in your cover letter.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, a two-page analytical writing sample, and most recent academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit all documents in the following format: “Name – Document Type” e.g., “John Smith – Resume”.