April 11, 2019
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an Associate to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group is a dynamic strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors and staff possessing decades of government, private sector, and military experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and leading staff.
A competitive candidate will have a strong foundation working on political, economic, trade, and security matters in Asia, with preference for demonstrated policy experience. The associate will support clients with interests across the Asia-Pacific region in multiple sectors, including energy, ICT, pharmaceuticals, health & human services, and manufacturing. A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, engage clients with poise and clarity, and work collaboratively within TAG are expected. This position may also entail domestic and international travel. This position includes upward growth and promotion potential.
- Conduct thorough and meticulous industry and political research and analysis, and business due diligence;
- Draft executive memos, reports, briefing materials and other written products for external (client) and internal (TAG) consumers related to geopolitical, defense and security trends across the Asia Pacific region;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements in Washington, DC and, as needed, in the region.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- MA or equivalent academic/practice experience related to Asia-Pacific economic and policy issues
- 1-2 years of prior work experience, preferably including in a client-servicing industry or government experience
- Working fluency in an Asian language
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Analytical economic and political expertise in Asia-Pacific markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and excels under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and experience with PowerPoint
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
- Demonstrated expertise in a major Asia-Pacific market, with up to four years of relevant work experience;
- On-the-ground experience in at least one Asian country, including ability to leverage a network of pertinent relationships.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.