March 19, 2019
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Korea Associate to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group is a dynamic strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors and staff possessing decades of government, private sector, and military experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and leading staff.
The Korea Associate will serve as an integral member of The Asia Group’s Northeast Asia practice. A competitive candidate will have a strong foundation working on Korean political, economic, trade, and security matters. The candidate should have deep, current knowledge of, and the ability to anticipate and assess all facets of Korea’s policy environment, both domestic and international. A grounding in Southeast Asia is also desired, particularly Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. The position will primarily require support to clients in Korea and secondarily in Southeast Asia across multiple sectors, including health & human services, energy, defense, hospitality & tourism, and manufacturing. A demonstrated ability to work under pressure, engage clients with poise and clarity, and work collaboratively within TAG are expected. This position may also entail domestic and international travel. This position includes upward growth and promotion potential.
- Conduct thorough and meticulous industry and political research and analysis, and business due diligence;
- Draft executive memos, reports, briefing materials and other written products for external (client) and internal (TAG) consumers related to geopolitical, defense and security trends in Korea and across the Asia Pacific region;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements in Washington, DC and, as needed, in the region.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- MA or equivalent academic/practice experience related to Asia Pacific economic and security issues
- Working fluency in Korean
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Analytical economic and political expertise in several other Asia-Pacific markets, preferably Southeast Asia
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and excels under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications and experience with PowerPoint
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
- Demonstrated expertise in Korea and Southeast Asia, with up to four years of relevant work experience;
- On-the-ground experience in one of the above priority countries, including ability to leverage a network of pertinent relationships.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.