August 4, 2021
Principal - India
The Asia Group is a dynamic strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets across the Indo-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners and staff possessing decades of government, private sector, and military experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and leading staff. We are well positioned for growth and seek to identify a candidate to fill a principal level position with extensive knowledge and experience in South Asia.
The ideal candidate will recently have held at least a mid-level position in government or business with substantive South Asia-policy responsibilities and will possess a strong and multi-faceted track record of service working on political, economic, technology, trade and/or security matters. India expertise is of highest priority and the candidate should have deep, current knowledge of, and the ability to anticipate and assess all facets of India’s policy environment, both domestic and international. The position will require support to clients in India across multiple sectors, including pharmaceuticals, high-technology, hospitality & tourism, energy, defense, and manufacturing. The successful candidate will possess a holistic understanding of the full range of key actors, institutions, and influence centers (in the executive branch, Parliament, business community, media, etc) that drive, shape, and influence policy in these sectors, and the initiative and entrepreneurship to quickly expand beyond support to existing business towards expansion and cultivation of new business.
- Working closely with CEO Nirav Patel, the Principal will:
- Assist in leading and managing support of existing South Asia focused clients, including through direct engagement and/or internal client teams.
- Manage, mentor, and help lead the day-to-day operation of the South Asia team split between Washington, D.C., and TAG’s New Delhi office and Mumbai.
- Coordinate and manage workflow for TAG’s South Asia focused Senior Advisors.
- Develop internal workflow processes to maximize efficiency of the South Asia team to ensure fulfillment of client support requirements.
- Supervise the development of client products to ensure accuracy, formatting, and content meet TAG standards.
- Cultivate and maintain a robust network of stakeholder relationships in India and the United States.
- Identify and advance business development opportunities and manage the process of developing proposals.
- Manage relationships with in-country advisors and other consultants supporting TAG’s South Asia clients.
- Help develop and implement a strategy that ensures the South Asia practice’s future growth and sustained leading edge competitiveness against a rapidly evolving and growing group of competitors.
- As necessary and as opportunities present, cross-service clients and projects and support business development outside of S. Asia.
- Provide project management leadership, including product development, drafting, deliverable tracking, task assignment, and workload balancing.
- Contribute to TAG business development (BD) objectives, including identifying potential BD targets, conducting outreach, and developing proposals.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Possesses at least 12-15 years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s Degree or comparable professional experience.
- Regional South Asia experience with deep expertise in at least 1-2 South Asian markets, one of which is India.
- Established and commercially relevant professional network in India and Washington, D.C.
- Experience managing and leading small teams.
- Strong communication skills (oral and writing) demonstrated by the ability to present in a crisp, polished, and effective manner to senior officials and business leaders and the ability to write in a clear, direct, concise, and nuanced manner.
- Capable of working in a deeply collaborative team environment yet also able to operate effectively on an independent basis.
- Responsive to a range of partner inputs while also able to generate self-initiated products tailored to client needs.
- Able to thrive and operate in a fast-paced environment, often with short-fused deadlines while ensuring quality control.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please submit all documents as a single pdf with the following naming format: “name (First Last) – Principal – India.”