November 7, 2019
Analyst - Research
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a research analyst, with a flexible start date of January 1, 2020.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group is looking to hire an analyst to support the firm’s research team. The research team provides clients with regular updates on significant political and economic developments that shape markets and the business environment.
Candidates should have or be working toward an MBA or a master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Candidates with just a bachelor’s degree but significant relevant work experience will also be considered. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of global macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets. Experience in graphic design and social media is preferred.
Candidates for this position will be considered on a full-time or part-time basis.
- Conduct market, industry, and political research and analysis
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Provide background information to support memos, reports, and briefing materials for clients
- Assist in developing engaging graphics and videos for distribution
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Strong understanding of geopolitical dynamics in Asia
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
- Demonstrated familiarity with Asian market dynamics and/or private sector experience
- Experience with Adobe creative suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, a one-page analytical writing sample, and their most recent academic transcript to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please submit all documents in the following format: “Name – Document Type” e.g., “John Smith – Resume”.