February 8, 2019
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a research associate, with an expected start date in May 2019.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy/extractives, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality.
The Asia Group is looking to hire an associate for the firm’s research team. The research team works across the firm’s regional and sector teams to provide clients with relevant updates on pressing political and economic developments. The associate will report directly to the firm’s Director of Research.
Candidates should have an MBA or a master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Candidates with just a bachelor’s degree but significant relevant work experience will also be considered. The ideal candidate commands a strong understanding of global macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Write a daily newsletter featuring the most pressing stories in Asia for distribution to the firm’s client base
- Draft memos, reports, and briefing materials on a range of regions and sectors
- Edit and format memos for distribution to the firm’s client base
- Support business development efforts
- Develop engaging graphics and videos for distribution
- Take on firm-wide responsibilities as needed, including helping manage social media streams for the firm
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong writing and editorial skills
- Strong understanding of domestic politics in China, South Korea, North Korea, Japan, India, Australia, and the United States and regional dynamics
- Demonstrated research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy fundamentals, particularly in emerging markets
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus
- Experience with Adobe creative suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
- Proficiency in Mandarin Chinese or other East Asian language
- Work experience in China, Japan, and/or South Korea
- Demonstrated experience using Mailchimp
- Demonstrated expertise in social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn)
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.