April 13, 2021
Senior Associate - India
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Senior Associate based in New Delhi.
The Asia Group (TAG) is a strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Indo-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors, and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and staff development.
The Asia Group is seeking an experienced individual to support our thriving India practice at the Senior Associate level from New Delhi, India. This role will primarily involve supporting TAG’s Washington-based India team with government, industry, and corporate stakeholders in New Delhi, interfacing with team members and clients as they travel to India and across South Asia, sourcing nuanced insights on India’s political, policy, and business landscape, and providing in-depth written analysis and strategic briefings to TAG clients. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of India’s political system, a strong grasp of business fundamentals and India’s complex regulatory environment, and an established network of business and private sector contacts. They will possess strong communication abilities in both English and Hindi and will be able to provide clear, concise, and nuanced briefings and written product to TAG leadership and clients.
- Support the development and expansion of TAG’s presence in India and the broader India practice;
- Participate on TAG’s behalf with U.S. and Indian business advocacy associations, think tanks, and similar institutions;
- Produce frequent written updates and assessments on matters which impact key client priorities, including political, economic, and regulatory developments;
- Provide direct support to client regional teams and traveling executives, and facilitate client engagement with government ministries as necessary;
- Undertake in-depth research utilizing primary English and Hindi-language resources;
- Monitor local print and online media for important developments related to client equities and opportunities for business development;
- Maintain consistent contact with Washington-based team members to ensure alignment and seamless client support on all India matters.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 10 years of prior work experience, with preference given to those with experience in business, consulting, government relations, and/or law;
- Exceptional English-language communication skills, both verbal and writing; Hindi language communications skills (verbal) is a must
- Can-do attitude and willingness to provide strong support on both critical client matters and administrative tasks;
- Flexibility with respect to working and communication hours, particularly when operating independently in coordination with team members in Washington; and
- Existing and expanding networks in business and government.
Please submit all documents as a single pdf with the following naming format: “name (First Last) – Senior Associate – India Application”