January 2, 2020
Senior Associate - Vietnam
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Senior Associate to join our new Hanoi office.
The Asia Group (TAG) is a strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors, and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and staff development.
The Asia Group is opening a new office in Hanoi and seeking an experienced individual to support our thriving Vietnam practice at the Senior Associate level. This role will primarily involve supporting TAG’s Washington-based Vietnam team by carrying out in-depth language research, undertaking engagements on the ground in Hanoi, and interfacing with team members and clients as they travel to Hanoi. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the Vietnamese political system, a strong grasp of business fundamentals and Vietnam’s complex regulatory environment, and an established network of business and private sector contacts. They will possess strong communication abilities in both English and Vietnamese, and will be able to provide clear, concise, and nuanced briefings and written product to TAG leadership and clients.
- Support the development and expansion of TAG’s Hanoi office and broader Vietnam practice;
- Identify potential deal and investment opportunities in Vietnam via network of local businesscontacts;
- Produce frequent written updates and assessments on matters which impact key client priorities, including political, economic, and regulatory developments;
- Provide direct support to client regional teams and traveling executives, and facilitate client engagement with government ministries as necessary;
- Undertake in-depth research utilizing primary English and Vietnamese-language resources;
- Monitor local print and online media for important developments related to client equities and opportunities for business development;
- Participate on TAG’s behalf with U.S. and Vietnamese business advocacy associations, think tanks, and similar institutions; and
- Maintain consistent contact with Washington-based team members to ensure alignment and seamless client support on all Vietnam matters.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- At least five years of prior work experience, with preference given to those with experience in business, consulting, government relations, and/or law;
- Exceptional English-language communication skills, both verbal and writing;
- Can-do attitude and willingness to provide strong support on both critical client matters and simple administrative tasks;
- Flexibility with respect to working and communication hours, particularly when operating independently in coordination with team members in Washington; and
- Existing and expanding networks in business and government.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.