January 27, 2020
Analyst - Southeast Asia
The Asia Group, LLC, is now accepting applications on a rolling basis for an analyst to join our Washington, DC office for the summer of 2020. This analyst will support the Southeast Asia portfolio in multiple ASEAN markets and across a wide range of sectors.
The Asia Group is a strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets across the Asia-Pacific region. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to our local community in Washington and in the Asia-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including by investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working towards a master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field, or an MBA or Law Degree (JD/LLM). Analyst-interns work closely with partner-led client teams and play a key role in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and product development.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills, as well as a deep understanding of regional macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics.
- Conducting industry, political, and economic research and analysis
- Supporting the drafting of memoranda, reports, and briefing materials
- Tracking regional political developments as well as market and industry trends
- Providing logistical and event support as needed
- Preparing PowerPoint and other presentation materials
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of the political economy of emerging markets in Asia
- Demonstrated economic and political expertise in Southeast Asia
- Private sector experience or demonstrated interest in business issues in Asia
- Functional understanding of relevant international and economic U.S. Government departments and agencies and/or relevant public sector work experience
- Positive, self-starting attitude, and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to excel under tight deadlines
- Team player attitude and desire for professional development
Analyst internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
For this position, TAG is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a two-page analytical writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.