March 19, 2019
Southeast Asia Analyst
The Asia Group, LLC, is now accepting applications on a rolling basis for an analyst to join our Washington, DC office. This analyst will support the Southeast Asia portfolio in multiple ASEAN markets and across a wide range of sectors.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: aerospace and defense, autos, civil aviation, energy and renewables, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and manufacturing.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working towards a master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field, or an MBA or Law Degree (JD/LLM). Analyst-interns work closely with partner-led client teams and play a key role in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and product development.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing and editing skills, as well as a deep understanding of regional macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics.
- Conducting industry, political, and economic research and analysis
- Supporting the development of memoranda, reports, and briefing materials
- Tracking market and industry developments impacting corporate equities
- Providing logistical and event support as needed
- Preparing PowerPoint and other presentation materials
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of the political economy of key regional emerging markets
- Demonstrated economic and political expertise in Southeast Asia
- Private sector experience or demonstrated interest in business issues in Asia
- Understanding of function of various U.S. Government departments and agencies and/or relevant public sector work experience
- Positive, self-starting attitude, and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to excel under tight deadlines
- Team player attitude and desire for professional development
Analyst internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States.
For this position, TAG is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a two-page analytical writing sample to email@example.com.