March 3, 2021
The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a special assistant to join our Washington, D.C. office with an expected start date in the spring.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets in the Indo-Pacific region. The firm’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including aerospace and defense, automotive, civil aviation, energy, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to our local community in Washington and in the Indo-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
The Asia Group seeks to hire a special assistant to provide administrative support to two partners, specifically TAG’s President and Managing Partner. The special assistant will work closely with and divide time among multiple Partners and coordinate closely with our staff and senior advisors.
Candidates must have a BA or equivalent 4-year degree. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience providing administrative support and managing multiple competing priorities as well as strong attention to detail and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Act as point of contact among Partners, staff, clients, and other external partners;
- Manage the calendar for two TAG partners (President and Managing Partner) including making appointments and prioritizing among competing priorities;
- Provide administration assistance, such as writing and editing emails, and preparing communications on Partners’ behalf;
- Coordinate Partners’ travel arrangements (both domestic and international), create trip itineraries, and process expense reports;
- Answer phone calls in a polite and professional manner and accurately take messages;
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner;
- Provide assistance on logistical and event support for client and other external engagements;
- Provide logistical and administrative support for The Asia Group’s Tea Leaves Podcast; and,
- Undertake research and other projects in support of TAG client work.
- College degree (BA, BS, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service;
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and,
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- 2+ years of administrative experience;
- BA or equivalent academic/practical experience related to Asia economic, policy, and/or business issues; and
- Demonstrated experience in social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
Please submit all documents as a single pdf with the following naming format: “name (First Last) – Special Assistant Application”
Rolling (Closes March 28, 2021)Apply Here