The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an Executive Assistant to join our Washington, D.C. office with an expected start date in October 2023.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets in the Indo-Pacific region. The firm’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including aerospace and defense, automotive, civil aviation, energy, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to our local community in Washington and in the Indo-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to two Executives in The Asia Group C-Suite and serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Executives. The Executive Assistant reports directly to the assigned C-Suite Executives, while also acting as part of the Executive Administrative Team under the supervision of The Director of Executive Administration.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience providing Executive support at the C-Suite level and is skilled in managing multiple competing priorities. A successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail, experience working with international teams, the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The Asia Group is growing at a rapid pace and adding more strategic partnerships in the C-Suite who will need Executive Assistant support. There is room for growth for the right candidate to support additional members of the C-Suite.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executives including heavy calendaring across multiple time zones, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging and managing complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
- Effectively manage the Executives’ time and most importantly, rapid response to requests, tasks, urgent matters;
- Provides “gatekeeper” role, creating a win-win situation for internal stakeholders granting direct access to the Executives’ time;
- Works closely and effectively with the Executives to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Support meetings as necessary, take notes on action items, and follow up with content and deliverables as needed;
- Manage logistics for onsite and offsite meetings and events, to include media opportunities, as needed;
- Coordinate Executives’ travel arrangements (both domestic and international), create trip itineraries, and process expense reports;
- Take ownership of small projects, as they come up;
- 5+ years supporting C-level executives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Experience booking international travel and completing expense reports;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service;
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and,
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Possession of a BA or equivalent 4-year degree;
- Experience working across multiple time zones;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Skilled in managing event logistics;
- Skilled in anticipating the needs of the executives you support and in obtaining the information you need to execute your projects;
- Possession of a team-first mentality and have experience collaborating with key stakeholders on multiple projects; and,
- Ability to work independently and comfortable as a self-starter;
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally if needed, 5%
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Employees will work in an in-office working environment, required to come into the DC office a minimum of four days a week (Monday – Thursday). TAG provides competitive health benefits and paid time off, with training opportunities available for its employees.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references (references will not be contacted without applicant permission) via the application portal below.
Alternatively, interested candidates may email the required documents as a single PDF titled “Executive Assistant – [First & Last Name]”to firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
Due to the volume of applications received, responses from our recruiting team may be delayed. No phone calls, please.
Submit the details below, and our HR team member will get in touch with you shortly.
The Asia Group is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Asia Group continually seeks to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the strategic advisory profession.