The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an Executive Assistant to the CEO to join our Washington, D.C. office with an expected start date in May 2023.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets in the Indo-Pacific region. The firm’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including aerospace and defense, automotive, civil aviation, energy, financial services, ICT, pharmaceuticals, transportation, entertainment, and hospitality. Our team includes a diverse mix of partners, principals, senior advisors and staff possessing decades of government and private sector experience. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to our local community in Washington and in the Indo-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
Reporting directly to the CEO of The Asia Group, the Executive Assistant provides executive and personal support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience providing Executive support at the C-Suite level and is skilled at managing multiple competing priorities. A successful candidate will have a strong attention to detail, the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
The Asia Group is growing at a rapid pace and adding more strategic partnerships in the C-Suite who will need Executive Assistant support. There is room for growth with the right candidate providing support to the C-Suite in addition to the CEO.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including heavy calendaring, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging and managing complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas;
- Effectively manage the CEO’s time and most importantly, rapid response to requests, tasks, urgent matters;
- Plans, coordinates and works alongside other Executive Assistants to move the mission forward;
- Provides “gatekeeper” role, creating a win-win situation for internal stakeholders granting direct access to the CEO’s time;
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the CEO with partners, and others on matters related to the executive programmatic initiatives;
- Manage the operational cadence of meeting planning, scheduling, and ensuring follow-ups are completed;
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately;
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures;
- Support meetings as necessary, take notes on action items, and follow up with content and deliverables as needed;
- Manage logistics for onsite and offsite meetings and events, to include media opportunities, as needed;
- Provide administration assistance, such as writing and editing emails, and preparing communications on CEO’s behalf;
- Coordinate CEO’s travel arrangements (both domestic and international), create trip itineraries, and process expense reports;
- Take ownership of small projects, as they come up.
- 5+ years supporting C-level executives;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Experience supporting a C-Suite Executive with personal matters that include booking travel, calendaring, small projects, and some family travel support;
- Experience booking international travel and completing expense reports;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service;
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and,
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Possession of a BA or equivalent 4-year degree;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Skilled in managing event logistics;
- Skilled in anticipating the needs of the executives you support and in obtaining the information you need to execute your projects;
- Possession of a team-first mentality and have experience collaborating with key stakeholders on multiple projects;
- Ability to work independently and comfortable as a self-starter, and;
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally if needed.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Employees will work in an in-office working environment, required to come into the DC office a minimum of four days a week (Monday – Thursday). Must have the ability to meet the CEO offsite to collaborate on key initiatives. TAG provides competitive health benefits and paid time off, with training opportunities available for its employees.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com, or complete the online application at https://theasiagroup.com/careers-2/
Submit the details below, and our HR team member will get in touch with you shortly.
The Asia Group is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Asia Group continually seeks to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the strategic advisory profession.