From Silicon Valley start-ups and entrepreneurial investors to the Fortune 500, The Asia Group has a depth of knowledge, extensive experience and a track record of success in advising some of the most cutting edge clients operating in the Indo-Pacific region. The Asia Group has provided services for a wide array of industries that range from high-tech software firms to traditional manufacturing, as well as supporting firms with long-standing Asian operations to companies looking to take their first step into the region.
Industries We Support
Energy & Extractives
- Asia’s thirst for energy and natural resources has grown at a rapid pace and the region is expected to consume more than half of the world’s energy by 2035.
- The Asia Group can advance sustainable energy projects, offer risk mitigation for energy companies navigating Asia’s evolving energy mix, develop strategies to project long-standing investment, and deliver political insights around multilateral climate negotiations.
- Asia is home to world’s largest automobile market (China sold 28 million vehicles in 2016) and new vehicle sales across the region hit 42.2 million in 2016.
- The Asia Group supports its clients by helping to shape Asia’s regulatory environments to support manufacturing contracts and policy negotiations, identify areas of policy alignment and diversification opportunities for cutting-edge connected and autonomous vehicle technologies, and deliver macro insights on emerging trade and investment frameworks in the region.
Infrastructure & Manufacturing
- The Asia-Pacific is one of the fastest growing regions in the world, with infrastructure projects expected to surpass $5 trillion by 2025.
- The Asia Group helps clients identify new financing opportunities for renewable energy and next-gen telecommunications infrastructure projects, integrate government relations into a company’s global brand realignment, and provide advice to market leaders looking for investment opportunities in China’s Belt & Road Initiative.
Transportation & Logistics
- Two-thirds of the world’s top 30 container ports are found in the Asia-Pacific, and the region continues to be a crucial transport hub and logistics market.
- The Asia Group provides assessments of emerging tax schemes across Asia, advises on response strategies to re-align corporate supply chains, develops scenario analysis of political and logistical outcomes in sensitive and volatile geographical regions, and identifies key stakeholders to activate support for clients across the region.
Aerospace & Civil Aviation
- The Asia-Pacific is projected to purchase more than 12,000 new commercial jets over the next 20 years.
- The Asia Group helps clients to cultivate political brand equity and elevate their roles in bilateral and multilateral aviation negotiations, implement crisis management campaigns to protect interests in the highly regulated Asian aerospace industry, and identify branding and strategic messaging opportunities in the context of Asia’s tourism initiatives.
- More than one-third of the world’s population over the age of 65 call the Asia-Pacific home, creating significant opportunities for the healthcare industry.
- The Asia Group develops targeted political engagement strategies to promote the introduction of new therapies into emerging markets, helps protect brand reputation and implement crisis mitigation strategies to protect corporate assets and IP, and facilitates thought leadership opportunities to help clients advance sound science and health policy priorities across Asia.
Tourism, Hospitality & Retail
- Outbound travel by residents of the Asia-Pacific grew at double-digits in 2016 and is projected to continue to grow at a rapid pace over the next decade.
- The Asia Group assists clients to develop crisis management strategies for hospitality businesses that operate in politically sensitive markets, provide support for licensing agreements and approval processes for market leaders, and conduct comprehensive due diligence to secure Asia-based strategic partnerships, capital and licensing agreements for leading F&B brands.
Defense & New Frontiers
- Defense spending in the Asia-Pacific has increased by more than 64 percent in the last 10 years and the region is home to five of the top 15 defense-spending countries.
- The Asia Group can help clients to identify and shape growth opportunities within Asia’s domestic defense budget priorities, secure multi-billion dollar sales of cutting-edge aerospace tenders and UAV technologies, and identify industry growth opportunities across Asia in space situational awareness and ballistic missile defense.
- Nearly 50 percent of the global banking sectors profits came from the Asia-Pacific region in 2015.
- The Asia Group supports clients by delivering real-time assessments on macro trends throughout the region, offering advanced geopolitical analysis of key Asian markets that directly influence global trading strategies, and provide nuanced political and industry insights that portend paradigm shifts in trading strategies across Asia.
Technology & Innovation
- Mobile technologies and services have contributed to more than $1 trillion of economic value to the Asia-Pacific.
- The Asia Group helps clients to develop and implement enterprise-level public sector sales campaigns to capture Asia’s growing demand for ICT services, identify growth opportunities ranging from cloud computing and the IOT to mobile applications, shape the public policy curve to elevate business prospects within Asia’s digital economy infrastructure, and curate integrated public-sector outreach strategies to enhance D.C.-based political brand equity.
- The Asia Group connects partners with investors to meet financing objectives for international projects and engages government stakeholders to elevate emerging issues through bilateral and multilateral channels.