The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for an Office Manager to join our Washington, D.C. office with an expected start date early June 2023.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that positions clients, ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups, for success in established and emerging markets in the Indo-Pacific region. Our corporate philosophy emphasizes teamwork, collegiality, creativity, and entrepreneurialism. Our operational culture is fast-paced and demanding yet strives to be flexible and fun. Through our foundation, we give back to our local community in Washington and in the Indo-Pacific. Beyond the pursuit of professional success, our leadership team actively embraces the challenges and opportunities associated with growing a highly successful firm, including investing time and energy in mentoring and developing staff.
The Asia Group seeks to hire an Office Manager to handle firm tech needs, liaison with building subcontractors, and manage office supply inventory and ordering. They will also assist with administrative support of the General Counsel, act as a representative with building management, and support firm-wide initiatives. The Office Manager will work closely with TAG’s COO, General Counsel, and Operations team, and regularly engage with our staff and senior advisors.
Candidates must have a BA/equivalent 4-year degree or equivalent work experience. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience providing administrative and office management, as well as the ability to comfortably manage multiple competing priorities. Competitive candidates will command a strong attention to detail and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with the firm’s IT/cyber partner to assist in the setting up of laptops (Macs), emails, and phones for new staff members, maintaining video conferencing systems, managing internal email distribution lists and online file system, and coordinating anti-phishing trainings;
- Manage inventory and procurement of TAG devices and fobs;
- Assist with conference room TV displays and custom messaging for events;
- Maintain firm media subscriptions;
- Work with Operations team to manage office supply inventory and systems for DC-based employees;
- Manage relationships and work order submissions with various building subcontractors to ensure a clean, professional, and functional office space;
- Provide general administrative support to the General Counsel including contract and document online filing and management, operational support for in-house legal ethics trainings, facilitation of signing and notarization of documents, and the like;
- Back-office operational support of foreign office establishment and ongoing management of foreign offices in coordination with the General Counsel, including liaising with foreign consultants on administrative support issues and the preparation of company documents for incorporation;
- Work with staff to ensure the office and kitchen areas remains clean and orderly; and,
- Identify and undertake firm-wide projects in support of TAG client work and TAG corporate initiatives.
- College degree (BA, BS, etc.) or equivalent work experience;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Outlook;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong attention to detail and customer service;
- Ability to prioritize, problem-solve, and multi-task;
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and,
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- 2+ years of administrative, office management, or event support experience;
- Technical expertise in various facets of Mac/iOS and Microsoft 365 support, including Mac applications, hardware, tools, and telecommunications; and,
- Natural aptitude for learning new tools and systems in a fast-paced environment.
U.S.-based employees at The Asia Group receive benefits including health, 401k matching, and commuter allowances. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Candidate would be expected to work in-person at the TAG office in Washington, DC 4-5 days a week with possible remote work every other Friday.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com via the application portal on this page.
Please submit all documents with the following naming format: “Name (First Last) – Office Manager [Document Type]”
Submit the details below, and our HR team member will get in touch with you shortly.
The Asia Group is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. The Asia Group continually seeks to diversify its staff, particularly to broaden opportunities for individuals from demographic groups that are historically underrepresented in the strategic advisory profession.