The Asia Group, LLC is now accepting applications for a Senior Associate to join our Washington, DC office.
The Asia Group (TAG) is a leading strategic and capital advisory firm that positions clients – ranging from Fortune 100 multinationals to innovative startups – for success in established and emerging markets across the Indo-Pacific region. The Senior Associate will join a fast-paced, innovative team that operates at the forefront of public policy and business across the Indo-Pacific. From developing and implementing market access/expansion campaigns to enhancing political brand equity, the Senior Associate will advance policy-driven solutions to help TAG’s clients capture new growth opportunities throughout the region. This role requires a strong foundation of U.S. and regional national security experience, either in the public or private sector.
The Senior Associate will be an integral member of TAG’s aerospace and defense practice, led by the President, and will have responsibilities related to client servicing of firms in aerospace, defense, and security industries. A competitive candidate will have a strong foundation and experience in security, military, and defense trends in the Indo-Pacific region, including an understanding of systems, capabilities, and defense industrial landscape, as well as a command of U.S. national security strategy, policy, and decision-making. Excellent research and writing skills are a prerequisite. A demonstrated ability to manage prioritized taskings, engage clients with poise and clarity, and work collaboratively within TAG are expected. This position may also entail domestic and international travel. Title and pay will be commensurate with experience levels.
- Create and support policy-driven engagement strategies that align with clients’ business objectives in the region;
- Provide project management leadership, including product development, deliverable tracking, and task assignments;
- Conduct research and draft memoranda and briefing materials for external (client) and internal (TAG) consumers related to defense and security trends across the region and in the United States;
- Manage working-level client relationships and participate in regular client engagements alongside the President and Managing Principal of the aerospace and defense practice;
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities;
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements in Washington, DC and, as needed, executive travel to the region;
- Contribute to TAG business development (BD) objectives, including identifying potential BD targets, conducting outreach, and developing proposals; and,
- Develop and sustain a diverse network of relationships in Washington, DC and the Indo-Pacific to ensure knowledge base, analytic capabilities, and expertise remain relevant and textured.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in Indo-Pacific security, military, and defense issues, including systems, platforms, and procurement trends (e.g. a relevant M.A. degree or equivalent practical or military experience);
- Outstanding research and writing skills;
- Analytical economic and political expertise in Indo-Pacific markets;
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail and deadlines;
- Can-do attitude and willingness to provide strong support on both critical client matters and internal team efforts;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) demonstrated by the ability to present in a crisp, polished, and effective manner to senior officials and business leaders and the ability to write in a clear, direct, concise, and nuanced manner;
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including fluency in Excel and PowerPoint;
- Team player with eagerness for professional development; and,
- Legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Demonstrated expertise in one or more of the following aerospace and defense markets – Korea, Australia, Japan, Taiwan, India, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, preferably with 5-7 years of relevant work experience;
- On-the-ground experience in one of the above priority countries, including a network of pertinent relationships;
- Proficiency in a relevant foreign language in one of the above priority countries; and,
- Existing and expanding networks in business and government.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. Employees will work in a hybrid working environment, required to come into the DC office a few times a week. TAG provides competitive health benefits and paid time off, with training opportunities available for its employees.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and references in a single PDF to email@example.com and complete the relevant application forms at https://theasiagroup.com/careers/.
Please title the PDF “Defense Senior Associate Application – [First & Last Name]”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.