July 22, 2019
Analyst - South Asia
The Asia Group is now accepting applications on a rolling basis for an intern to join our Washington, D.C. office. This intern will support the South Asia portfolio, with a focus on India.
The Asia Group is a strategic and business advisory firm that supports Fortune 500 corporations with market entry and expansion strategies and complex conflict resolution initiatives in the Indo-Pacific. The Asia Group’s clients cover a broad range of industries, including: technology, health and pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, and defense.
The Asia Group is looking for highly motivated candidates who either have or are working toward an MBA or a master’s degree in international relations, political science, economics, Asian studies, or a related field. Interns work closely with partner-led client teams and play key roles in supporting the firm’s research, analysis, and client support. The ideal candidate commands a strong writing skills, as well as a comprehensive understanding of global macroeconomic trends, business climates, and political dynamics across Asian markets.
- Conduct economic, industry, and political research and analysis
- Serve as lead author on memos, reports, and briefing materials
- Track market and industry developments impacting client equities
- Provide logistical and event support for client engagements
- Prepare powerpoints and decks
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- Strong grasp of business strategy fundamentals, particularly in emerging markets
- Self-starter and ability to excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to excel under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications – demonstrated fluency in Excel and other statistical languages a plus
- Experience in powerpoint, photoshop, or other design platform
- Team player with eagerness for professional development
Desired Focus and Expertise:
- Strong understanding of the Indo-Pacific region, with an interest in South Asia
- Demonstrated economic and political expertise in Asia
- Demonstrated familiarity with Indo-Pacific market dynamics and/or private sector experience
Internships at The Asia Group are paid and include health and other benefits. Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For this position, TAG is seeking candidates capable of working 40 hours per week, and the start date would be in early September.
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and a two-page writing sample to email@example.com
Apply by August 10APPLY HERE