Press Release: The Asia Group Announces Leadership Changes
January 14, 2021
Washington, DC – The Asia Group is pleased to announce changes to its corporate leadership structure to support the firm’s continued growth and commitment to providing cutting-edge business solutions and strategies to companies operating in the Indo-Pacific region. These promotions, combined with The Asia Group’s presence in India and Vietnam and extensive network of prominent senior advisors across the Indo-Pacific region, will augment the firm’s ability to provide high-value services to help clients seize opportunities and navigate headwinds.
The Asia Group is proud to announce the following leadership changes, effective January 13, 2021:
- Nirav Patel will become Chief Executive Officer of The Asia Group, responsible for coordinating the company’s strategic direction while continuing to provide support to a range of industry leading clients and investors.
- Sharon Yuan will become President of The Asia Group, and will work closely with the CEO on establishing the firm’s strategic direction while managing the company’s legal affairs. Sharon will also continue to lead the firm’s China practice, providing cutting-edge strategies for clients seeking to navigate trade and investment challenges and growth opportunities in China.
- Rexon Ryu will become the Managing Partner of The Asia Group and Co-Host of the Tea Leaves Podcast. Rexon will also continue to lead the firm’s aerospace and defense practice, advise clients at the intersection of defense, national security and technology, and run The Asia Group Foundation.
- Jim Loi will remain in his role as Partner and Chief Operating Officer in charge of the firm’s day-to-day operations. In addition to leading client engagements in the tech, health and human services sectors, Jim will continue to oversee the firm’s various functions and procedures.
- Ambassador Kurt Tong will continue to lead the firm’s Japan and Hong Kong practice areas as a Partner and take on an expanded role in the firm’s innovative thought leadership efforts. Kurt will also serve as a Member of The Asia Group Foundation Board of Directors.
“For the past eight years, I’ve been proud to help lead The Asia Group’s growth from a small, boutique consultancy to its current stature as a leading partner for companies seeking to excel in Asia and team of nearly 50 professionals with deep expertise and networks across the region,” said Nirav Patel, Chief Executive Officer of The Asia Group. “I’m excited about this next chapter for our firm and remain deeply committed to our values of excellence and unparalleled client support as the go-to name for today’s leading global corporates.”
The Asia Group is the premier strategic advisory firm to the world’s leading companies seeking to excel across the Indo-Pacific region. Headquartered in Washington, D.C. and supported by our senior advisors across Asia, The Asia Group is the partner of choice for corporate leaders, investors, law firms, academic institutions, and non-profits. We leverage decades of experience operating at the highest levels of government and business in Asia to provide our clients with strategic, high-impact, and cross-cutting advisory services.
To find out more about The Asia Group, please visit our website at www.theasiagroup.local or contact our media team at firstname.lastname@example.org.