Press Release: The Asia Group Expands In-Country Advisory Network Across Asia
April 28, 2020
WASHINGTON D.C. | April 28, 2020 – The Asia Group (“TAG”) is committed to investing in world-class government affairs talent and proven market expertise to help clients continue to succeed in the dynamic Indo-Pacific region. Building on our strong foundation, TAG is pleased to announce that we have expanded our elite network of in-country advisors in order to further strengthen our real-time connectivity and direct engagement in the region. These investments, combined with TAG’s office in Hanoi and expansion in New Delhi, further augment our ability to advance client interests and excel amid the challenging circumstances of COVID-19.
“From Nobu Kanehara to Ambassador Dino Patti Djalal to Nick Fang, we are proud to associate with some of the most respected and influential figures in policy and business in Asia,” said TAG Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder Dr. Kurt M. Campbell. “These top names join our existing Senior Advisors Ambassador Joe Yun, Samir Saran and Ambassador Pham Quang Vinh, and underscore The Asia Group’s intense focus on the Indo-Pacific and our belief that the drivers of global economic growth will continue to bend toward Asia. As the nations of Asia race to recover and we begin to see indications of economic normalization, these investments support a strategic growth agenda that’s focused on helping our clients seize new opportunities in the Indo-Pacific.”
The Asia Group’s Advisory Network:
- Ambassador Dino Patti Djalal (Jakarta, Indonesia) – Experienced investor and leading expert on Indonesian politics, technology policy, and U.S.-Indonesian relations as former Deputy Foreign Minister, Presidential spokesperson, Indonesian Ambassador to the United States and founder of the digital marketplace app Waqara
- Nicholas Fang (Singapore) – Founder and Managing Director of leading public relations consultancy Black Dot in Singapore and former Nominated Member of Parliament
- Nobukatsu Kanehara (Tokyo, Japan) – Leading expert on U.S.-Japan relations, Japanese politics, and Japanese defense and security requirements; former Assistant Chief Cabinet Secretary and Deputy Director-General of the National Security Secretariat for Prime Minister Shinzo Abe
- Henry Kerins (China & Hong Kong) – Successful entrepreneur and investment banker in China with deep expertise across a broad array of sectors – from technology, media, and telecommunications to real estate, hospitality, and retail
- Dan Larsen (Manila, Philippines) – Sought after in-country expert on Philippine government affairs and politics and former senior U.S. diplomat with multiple tours in the Philippines and across Asia
- Samir Saran (New Delhi, India) – Leading expert on technology policy and geopolitics, President of the Observer Research Foundation, India’s largest private think tank and former executive at Reliance Industries
- Ambassador Pham Quang Vinh (Hanoi, Vietnam) – Seasoned senior diplomat with expertise on the inner workings of the Vietnamese system, former Vietnamese Ambassador to the United States and Vice Foreign Minister
- Ambassador Joseph Yun (Seoul, South Korea) – Prominent authority on U.S. relations with North and South Korea, trusted counselor to leading U.S. and Korean corporates and former U.S. envoy to North Korea and Ambassador to Malaysia
Amid ongoing uncertainty and rapid changes associated with the COVID-19 outbreak, this is one of the many innovations and investments that TAG has undertaken to provide clients with timely and trustworthy insights to help navigate the challenging but vital business landscape of the Indo-Pacific. In February, TAG launched a daily webinar with our Senior Advisor for Public Health Dr. Rebecca Katz, the Director of the Center for Global Health Science and Security at Georgetown University, to help inform and advise clients on key developments and implications related to the COVID-19 outbreak. TAG’s two daily email newsletters, the Daily Asia and the COVID-19 Afternoon Brief, highlight the critical stories animating Asian markets and guiding policy decisions, as well as strategic insights on the economic and political implications of the coronavirus.
The Asia Group: The Asia Group (“TAG”) is a leading strategy and business advisory firm to corporations and organizations with business interests in the Indo-Pacific region. The Asia Group helps clients identify, integrate, and advance new business opportunities in Asia, and works with businesses to navigate the complexities of both established and emerging Asian markets. The Asia Group represents a diverse client base in the public, private, and non-profit sectors, from leading Fortune 500 multi-national corporations to cutting-edge early-stage companies. The Asia Group’s partner and associate network collectively brings to bear decades of relevant on-the-ground experience and knowledge – spanning multiple generations of politicians, business and civil society leaders, and decision makers on both sides of the Pacific.
For media inquiries, contact Grace Riley-Adams at email@example.com